ACC elects diverse board of directors hailing from Israel (Tel-Aviv), United Arab Emirates (Dubai), and the United States (Boston, Knoxville, and Los Angeles)
Washington – The Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC) announced its 2022 officers and newly elected members of the global board of directors.
The 2022 officers are:
- Chair: Mike Madden, head of group legal, commercial, procurement, Hyne Group (Australia)
- Vice Chair: Adrian Goss, general counsel & general manager, Are Media (Australia)
- Treasurer: Tracy Preston, EVP, CLO, corporate secretary & chief compliance officer, HanesBrands, Inc. (USA)
- Secretary: Rob Falk, general counsel, Truth Initiative (USA)
“I am honored to join such an esteemed group of Board Chairs who hail from around the world, including the Middle East, Europe, Australia, Canada, and the United States,” said Mr. Madden. “It is a great credit to ACC that over the years we’ve continued to strengthen the diversity of our board — in terms of gender, cultural perspective, industry experience, and geographic location — to better represent and meet the needs of ACC’s members. I look forward in the coming year to continue supporting ACC’s initiatives around ESG, improving DEI within the in-house community, innovating how we deliver services and resources to our members, and ensuring that ACC continues to have a long and successful future ahead of it. As board chair, I welcome this unique and rewarding opportunity to work closely with our current and incoming board members, and the very talented ACC staff, to accomplish our collective goals to help ACC better serve our 45,000 members around the world.”
“Mike Madden exemplifies the modern evolution of the in-house counsel role,” said Veta T. Richardson, president and CEO of ACC. “Through nearly two decades of legal experience in Australia and the United States, Mike brings a keen understanding of how to counsel organizations in a global business environment on an increasing number of issues — just like many of our members do each day. His global perspective, along with his deep understanding of environmental, social, and governance issues, will benefit ACC greatly in the year ahead.”
Mike Madden becomes the second Australian and first Australian resident to serve as global board chair, following Anneliese Reinhold, who resides in Dubai and was global board chair in 2020. Based in Brisbane, Mr. Madden became a member of ACC in 2012 and served on the Australia Chapter’s board of directors before being elected to ACC’s global board in 2015. Mr. Madden earned his bachelor’s degree at Queensland University of Technology and went on to earn his law degree from Griffith University and his LLM at the University of Queensland.
The newly appointed members of the global board of directors are:
- Sahia Ahmad, general counsel, Dubai Tourism (United Arab Emirates)
- Kobie Conner, director, business and legal affairs, independent films, Netflix, Inc. (USA)
- Eitan Israeli, chief legal officer, Wix.com Ltd. (Israel)
- Shannon Klinger, chief legal officer and corporate secretary, Moderna (USA)
- Justin Martin, technical in-house executive, Electric Power Research Institute (USA)
A complete list of ACC’s board leadership is available here.