What We Do
The Diversity Summer Internship Committee, which reports to the ACC Chicago Community Director, manages ACC Chicago’s Diversity Summer Internship Program. The Internship Program places law students with diverse backgrounds in internships with Chicagoland corporate legal departments and helps ensure their success by coordinating mentoring and support networks. The program’s goal is to promote diversity in the in-house legal community and to provide leadership in the recruitment of minority attorneys for corporate counsel positions.
This Committee is generally responsible for the following:
1. Vetting/recruiting law student participants, corporate hosts and mentors.
2. Oversite of Program Events:
• Orientation Event
• Kick-Off Event
• Social Event
• Mock Interview and Resume Workshop
• Networking Workshop
• Alumni Panel Q&A
• End of Program Celebration
3. Managing website and communication with Alumni network.
4. Promotion of the program to Chicagoland corporate legal department leaders and law schools.
Who We Are
The Diversity Summer Internship Committee is currently made up of seven members at large and three Board members.
Opportunities to Get Involved
Participation on this Committee is generally by invitation.