The Chapter Job Board is a free service for ACC Greater Philadelphia member companies where in-house attorney job postings can be listed and viewed by any chapter member. Our goal with this page is to help connect chapter members and companies with each other in the job search process.
Postings may not explicitly or implicitly discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, disability, source of income, or place of residence or business, or any other factor prohibited by applicable law.
Posted on May 11, 2022
POSITION: Senior Counsel, Global Corporate Transactions
LOCATION: Philadelphia, PA or Northern NJ
REPORTS TO: Senior Managing Counsel, Global Corporate Transactions
Chubb is the world's largest publicly traded property and casualty insurance company. With operations in 54 countries and territories, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance, and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. As an underwriting company, we assess, assume and manage risk with insight and discipline. We service and pay our claims fairly and promptly. The company is also defined by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, and local operations globally. Parent company Chubb Limited is listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: CB) and is a component of the S&P 500 index. Chubb maintains executive offices in Zurich, New York, London, Paris and other locations, and employs approximately 31,000 people worldwide. Additional information can be found at: www.chubb.com.
Based in Philadelphia or Northern New Jersey, this attorney will be responsible for providing legal support on a wide variety of matters, including information technology, intellectual property, outsourcing, real estate, financial services agreements, and general corporate and vendor transactions, in support of Chubb’s Global Operations, Information Technology, Real Estate, Procurement, and other support groups such as HR, and Marketing and Communications.
This is a “hands on” position for the corporate generalist, the position interacts with fellow in-house legal personnel and Chubb business units globally, with minimal assistance from outside counsel.
Education and Experience:
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in negotiating and drafting vendor and other third-party agreements, including technology, real estate, software licensing, procurement and other service provider arrangements; experience with drafting and negotiating real estate office leases, large scale technology and outsourcing agreements and related master services agreements is required. Knowledge regarding privacy laws and regulations. Experience with digital, software-as-a-service, and artificial intelligence engagements and related agreements preferred.
The candidate must have the ability to competently manage multiple projects and transactions; project management skills; strong personal accountability, follow-up and initiative; intelligence and creative problem-solving ability; the ability to balance business and legal needs; and strong communication skills (oral, written and presentation).
The candidate also must have graduated with a Juris Doctor degree in the top of their class from an accredited top-tier law school, be admitted to practice law in Pennsylvania and/or New Jersey and should have at least 5 years of relevant experience in a law firm and/or an in-house law department, with for-profit in-house experience preferred.
- 8-10+ years of legal negotiations and agreement drafting experience.
- Proven ability to effectively manage the following: both upward and downward communication through the organization, a diverse set of colleagues, and to successfully influence outcomes.
- Strong technical skills and knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint.
- Builds strong relationships within the organization, project teams and vendors.
- Strong organizational, multitasking and prioritization skills; ability to manage multiple projects in a dynamic fast paced environment; ability to manage others and drive results.
- Excellent ability to drive results; strong presentation skills; strong attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and proven ability to work effectively with teams.
- This individual will need strong negotiating, financial, analytical, interpersonal and influence management skills, but more importantly, will need to be flexible and adaptable to evolving organizational demands.
Compatibility with the Chubb Legal Core Competencies:
Chubb Legal is committed to providing best-in-class legal and compliance services to Chubb’s business units and support groups. Chubb Legal emphasizes teamwork, expertise and a “can-do” attitude. Chubb Legal is committed to constant improvement and adding value for its clients. Chubb Legal takes pride in delivering consistent customer satisfaction, advancing self-development among team members, and participating in company and team initiatives – all with a focus on superior execution.
Chubb offers a competitive salary plus cash bonus, equity opportunities and a comprehensive benefits package including life, health, dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan with a generous company match, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress.
Sound like the right job for you? For consideration, please apply below. If you’d like additional information about Chubb, please visit our website at www.chubb.com.
If you have any questions, please contact Kim Takacs (email@example.com).
Posted on April 29, 2022
The Counsel, Government Contracts Compliance will advise on a variety of legal and regulatory matters and play a pivotal role in driving management of global compliance initiatives, including design, implementation and maintenance of policies, systems, analytics and other controls, primarily in connection with federal, state, and local government contracts, but also in connection with other areas, as needed. The Counsel will work collaboratively with stakeholders across the Cable Legal Compliance Team, Law Department, business units, and other functions, including Human Resources, Finance, Marketing, Political Affairs, and Internal Audit, to provide expertise and guidance on compliance risks, and to support implementation of and enhance the compliance program, with a heavy focus on federal government contracts compliance. This position reports to the Assistant Deputy General Counsel, Compliance.
Posted on April 5, 2022
POSITION: Associate General Counsel, Fleet/Mobility & Growth Ventures
COMPANY: Holman Enterprises / ARI, an Integrated Automotive Services Company
LOCATION: Mount Laurel, NJ
JOB SUMMARY: The Associate General Counsel, Fleet/Mobility & Growth Ventures will partner with the Fleet/Mobility Business and its management team to draft and negotiate diverse transactional and business agreements including contracts with clients, suppliers and other business partners. The Associate General Counsel will be at the intersection of Autonomous, Connected, Electric and Shared vehicles, helping to design, operationalize and implement new products and services.
- Partners with Holman Commercial Team to support development and implementation of new products and services, and related business partnerships and alliances;
- Partners with Holman Strategy Office and Holman Growth Ventures on specific strategic initiatives and on investment transactions and corporate venture capital work;
- Manages litigation, investigations, and administrative proceedings for assigned Businesses, i.e. Fleet/Mobility;
- Supports legal compliance, with an emphasis on data security and data privacy;
- Seeks to understand the Businesses and Functions, in order to provide practical advice, responding to needs, and enabling results;
- Advises and resolves both routine issues, and complex legal questions, independently, with colleagues, and with outside counsel;
- Identifies and mitigates material risk, and supports enterprise risk management activities;
- Establishes and develops relationships with outside counsel, including global legal relationships established by Senior Vice President & General Counsel; and,
- Assists the Senior Vice President & General Counsel on other matters, when requested.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with a commitment to being a PARTNER to the Business for Good Purpose, with "PARTNER" being an acronym for Practical Advice, Responding to Needs, Enabling Results;
- Effectively listen and seek first to understand, then able to be understood, with emphasis on providing practical solutions;
- Handle multiple and competing priorities, while maintaining strong forward momentum toward professional development (refining skills, gaining new skills, deepening substantive knowledge, gaining expertise in new areas);
- High degree of professionalism and confidentiality;
- Ability to effectively negotiate;
- Ability to persuasively influence others' opinions verbally and in writing;
- Ability to influence without formal authority; and,
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively with cross-function teams. Trustworthy, loyal, friendly, helpful, relational, while retaining gravitas. Displays courage, conviction and integrity.
- Juris Doctor degree required;
- Member of the New Jersey bar (or PA or DE or other state, with NJ in-house license obtained post-hire);
- Minimum of four to six years' experience in law firm environment, preferably a 250+ lawyer firm, preferably handling a variety of business / transactional matters (M&A, financing, JVs, venture investments, complex commercial contracts);
- Minimum four to six years' experience in an in-house counsel position (preferably a B2B contract services provider), or serving as external counsel to start-ups and emerging businesses, also desired. Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) or similar service contract experience is a differentiator. Bankruptcy and secured transaction work or willingness to learn, is a differentiator;
- Spanish language skill is a differentiator. Experience in commercial real estate and corporate law preferred; and,
- Highly skilled in Microsoft Office suite applications; must be fast and accurate typist—we draft / comment our own contracts and related documents.
Holman will provide reasonable accommodation to complete an application upon request, consistent with applicable law. If you require an accommodation to complete your application, please contact Erica Zee, Corporate Recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org.