The Community Service Forum leads the chapter’s wide range of existing service activities, from its participation in the annual Lawyers Have Heart Run & Walk in D.C. to evenings packing food at Manna Food Center in Gaithersburg, MD. It will work to add opportunities of interest to members and collaborate with sponsors to help in our community.
Key partner organizations include - Lawyers Have Heart Annual Run & Walk in D.C., Manna Food Bank, D.C. Diaper Bank, Rock Creek Park Clean Up, Street Law programs in high schools in both Clarksburg and Oxen Hill, MD and Worth Days for Kids in Foster Care.
The members of the Community Service Forum are:
- Denise Gold (Lead), Associate GC, Associated General Contractors of America
- Courtney Edmonds, Corporate Counsel, Leidos
- Stefanie Frank, Associate Counsel, American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
- Robert Gans, Associate VP - Employment Law – Labor, NASDAQ, Inc.
- Elizabeth Gant, SVP, Legal, National PACE Association
- Alex Gordon, Associate GC, Washington Gas Light Company
- William Kinner, Deputy General Counsel, HJF
- Tina Rao, Assistant GC, Willis Towers Watson, North America
- Jamie Specter, Counsel, Capital One Financial Corporation
- Anjanette Stinson, Associate GC, National Student Clearinghouse
Many volunteer organizations have adapted and are offering virtual opportunities to make a positive impact. We hope you'll take the opportunity to contribute to the health of your community.
National Diaper Bank - nonprofit organization that provides basic essentials to those in need.
Smithsonian Digital Volunteers - The Smithsonian benefits from the work of thousands of passionate volunteers who support the organization on-site in our museums, zoo, and other facilities.
Below is a collection of online resources where you can get started:
All for Good - Volunteer opportunity matching service (with virtual options)
Here are some helpful articles to help broaden your search: