The primary purpose of the Litigation Network (the "Network") shall be to provide an organized forum within the Association of Corporate Counsel to do the following:
- to enhance the professionalism of in-house litigators by:
- encouraging, fostering, and assisting in the development of the in-house litigation capabilities.
- providing training and continuing education opportunities in practice areas of importance to litigators.
- exploring the changing relationships between in-house litigators and outside counsel.
- facilitating the understanding of business objectives in the in-house litigation practice and, conversely, defining the proper role of litigation in business strategy.
- to discuss and analyze litigation-related legislative or policy issues as they affect our clients, and, when appropriate, to facilitate the advocacy of public positions on such issues by ACC or the network.
- where possible, to provide a vehicle for change to the judicial system and other dispute resolution forums to better meet the needs of litigants.
- to facilitate networking between and among in-house litigators on matters of mutual interest.
LITIGATION NETWORK STRATEGIC PLAN